Accident Exchange Deals on New Cars and Used Cars in Chelmsford
Had an Accident?
Remember, call us first!
By entrusting your repair to our own manufacturer approved bodyshop you can enjoy the many benefits on offer:
• Assistance in liaising with your insurance company to process your claim
• Where necessary assistance in claiming back from the ‘at fault’ insurance company
• All repairs carried out by an officially approved Body & Paint centre of Excellence which guarantees the strict use of genuine manufacturer parts and approved repair methods. This safeguards your vehicle’s resale value and the continued validation of its warranty
• Use of a group A courtesy car
• In accepted ‘non-fault’ cases ‘Like for Like’ courtesy car
• Collection and delivery service
• Storage service available if your car is unroadworthy or insecure
• Access to professional legal advice for any Uninsured losses or compensation queries
• Correct Repair Methods that repatriate your vehicle to it’s original build design and safety features
Do you know your rights following an accident?
• Do I need to get three different estimates for the repair?
No, estimates are not required as the body repair shop / dealership of your choice can agree repair rates with an independent Motor Engineer/Assessor.
• Can I choose which repairer fixes my vehicle?
Yes, you may have your vehicle repaired at a Body Repair Shop / dealership of your choice.
• Am I entitled to a similar replacement vehicle, whilst mine is off the road?
Yes, if you can prove a need for a replacement vehicle similar to your own. The cost of which is recoverable from the at fault party or his/her insurance company, on a credit hire basis.
• What if the third party disputes liability?
You will be offered an indemnity policy – insurance which covers you for the cost of legal expenses, hire and repair, should these not be recovered from the guilty party or his insurers.
• What if my vehicle is written off?
Your vehicle may be deemed un-economical to repair, usually if the cost of repairs is more than a certain percentage of the current value of the vehicle. You may be seriously disadvantaged if your vehicle is not repaired as you may be liable for outstanding hire purchase or leasing commitments. Very often a borderline case may be a repairable proposition if second hand parts are acceptable in the repair. The Engineer / Assessor will advise you if this applies. You are entitled to stay in a replacement vehicle for a period of up to seven days after the write off cheque is received.
• Do I have to pay my insurance policy excess?
No, by claiming off the at fault person’s insurance, you will not be invoking your own insurance policy and therefore will not have to pay a policy excess.
• Will my no claims bonus be affected?
It may be temporarily affected, depending on your own policy. However, on the successful completion of the claim, your no claims bonus will be reinstated.
• Will my out of pocket expenses be recoverable?
Yes, any expenses arising as a result of the accident may be recovered. This includes loss of earnings and medical expenses.
• Can I claim for depreciation costs to my vehicle?
Yes, when your car has been involved in an accident, your vehicle may not be worth what it was before it was damaged no matter how well it is repaired. You may be entitled to compensation for this loss in value.
Call Right Car Move on 01245 400841